Friday, October 21, 2011

Israel's Rebellion....sounds familiar!

 As Cathy spoke about (THE REBELLION), I thought, hmmm this sounds very familiar.  Seems like many of us spend lots of our time, hardening our hearts.  Don't we complain, aren't we unhappy with circumstances or some of the people in our lives, don't we seem discontented.....yet ,I don't think we call it hardening our hearts and we certainly don't call it REBELLION!  I wonder if we need an attitude adjustment?  I can't wait till this coming Tuesday to find out how to enter God's rest, how to stop the rebellion and hardening of my heart.  Are you with me on this?  See you then.

*****************************************************
This upcoming testimony is a little different from the "when I accepted Christ" testimonies of former weeks.  Susan Olson shares how God has upheld her during unbelievable struggles and brought her to a place of triumph.  Thank you Susan for your transparency.
MY TESTIMONY
by Susan Olson
“BLESSINGS ARRIVE IN UNEXPECTED PACKAGES, IN MY CASE, CANCER.”
Tony Snow (Christianity Today.com, Oct. ‘11)

I too have been on a long cancer journey with the Lord. As my sustainer, helper, healer and comforter, He gave me the hope and positive attitude to leap over my circumstances into His arms.

This all began in 1982 when a cancerous tumor on my appendix reared its ugly head. The path of the cancer has wound its way through my body from breast, brain, kidney, lungs and bladder - 5 primary diagnosis- an anomaly, perhaps!, Guinness World Records, maybe, one of God’s miracles, absolutely!


To my fantastic cadre of doctors, I’m their miracle patient. I never hesitate to share the Lord and His many miracles with them or with any another inquiring soul. Blessings appear when I relate our journey and my testimony with others. “Don’t neglect the Blessing” Cathy Wilson.


Having a wonderful Christian family and friends who surrounded me through a multitude of surgeries, radiations and chemo’s, I have realized that I’m on Plan A, loving and relishing each and every blessing He puts in my path. Giving me opportunities to strengthen my faith and trust in Him has been an exciting adventure.
 
“Thus the Lord in His wonderful grace can arrange the life that is entrusted to His care in such a way that it will carry out His purposes and plans,and will be fragrant with His presence.” Anon.


I’m not cancer free but I know that I am preserved by His loving grace.
Susan Olson
*****************************************

Can't wait to see all of you Tuesday,  Meribeth

No comments:

Post a Comment