Saturday, October 15, 2011

CHOSEN TO BE GOD'S WITNESSES TO THE WORLD.

I always wondered why the Jews were called "The Chosen People".  I thought it was because God chose them to become Israel, His race.  They were a people He could pour out His blessings on.  And I guess that is true in a sense...but chosen to be His witnesses to the world...what an awesome responsibility.  They didn't exactly do Him justice....but can we judge?  Aren't we called as Christians to be His ambassadors?




The World Waiting to Hear!

 [2 Corinthians 5:20 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation; 19that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself,* not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 20So we are ambassadors for Christ, since God is making his appeal through us; we entreat you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.] 






Those who heard the Word!

We have as Christians a great responsibility, an awesome responsibility to bring all we can to understand who Christ is and what He has done for each and every one of us.  Encourage one another to do this very thing, pray for those on your prayer cards who need His salvation.  Be a devoted prayer angel.







****************************************
I'm very excited about this upcoming testimony...it is written by my sister Karen.  It brings tears to my eyes every time I read it...thank you Karen for taking the time to put it all together.

MY TESTIMONY
by Karen Campbell


Matthew 13:1-9 (Parable of the Sower)


When I was a child my father did not believe in going to church. God was not even talked about at home. I was invited by my best friend and her mother to attend a Presbyterian Church. I was baptized there when I was 8 or 9 years of age. Did I know what that meant? NO, absolutely not. Alas without support at home church was soon forgotten. (Seeds were planted along the path and the seeds were eaten by birds.)

However, from then on, God was in my heart and I did rely on him through a difficult marriage and divorce. In my mid-twenties, my sister Meribeth who continually talked to me about accepting Jesus, "led" me to the LORD at her kitchen table. I went to some bible studies but being a single mother with two children, working two jobs, etc. it didn't last long. (Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where there wasn't much soil so they came up quickly and were scorched by the sun since they had no root.)

Later I became involved in Spiritual disciplines and practices for several years. I also married the "love of my life" but 11 years later I was divorced once again. (Other’s fell on thorns and the thorns came up and choked them.)

A few years ago I attended a women's retreat in Tucson. I accepted Christ once again and for the first time I actually felt his arms around me. He entered my heart and I knew He was my Lord. I pray to Him often and speak to Him daily like He's in the same room. I love Him dearly and plan to continue attending bible studies so I may know His word. (Still others fell on good ground and a crop: some 100, some 60, and some 30 times [what was sown]). Anyone who has ears should listen!!!!! Karen Campbell



***************************************
Wow, another week gone by.  I'm excited about our new "table time".  Thank you leaders who stepped up and took charge, we are so happy to have you.   The notes are intriguing, please take the time to read..we live in a pressure filled world so I know it is a sacrifice.

Cathy's web site
Chosen People Blog
Hebrews Week 5 
Cathy's Events
Cathy's email:  cathywilson@q.com


No comments:

Post a Comment